Why is is this step needed ?
- Because you haven’t used the quickstart procedure to install pre-built executables.
- Because you want to build everything from source or for a different O/S version.
- Because you don’t trust binaries.
What is it used for ?
- The bare-metal boot loader and test programs require a newlib based flow.
- The Linux kernel and BBL requires a bare-metal flow.
- You might want to build custom software from source on the workstation.
Build the bare-metal RISCV toolchain (slow, but see quickstart procedure to see if build is necessary)
cd $TOP/rocket-chip/riscv-tools/ bash ./build.sh cd $TOP/rocket-chip/riscv-tools/riscv-gnu-toolchain/build ../configure --prefix=$RISCV make -j$(nproc) linux
Proceed to the next step as follows: